Sunday, April 22, 2007

Free at Last... and waaaaaay behind!

Holy crap! Sorry you guys haven't heard from me in a while. The triborgs had captured me and made me one of there own.... forever doomed to a life of watching the Slow Twich web space, searching for solutions to improved aerodynamics and recalculating over and over the times savings in 1/100th of a second the weight to power ratio of a guy who could stand to lose 15 pounds, but buys a $5,000 carbon bike to save on weight. This... is the triborg collective. Ugh. But I was able to regain conciousness and in a daring escape whipped up a batch of fluffernutter sandwiches to use as a distraction. Fuffernutters, by the way, seem to be the only triborg weakness that I am aware of. Who knew?!

That being said... out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Work has me up to my chin and sinking fast, and this during a week where I will have my kids most of the time. So here I am taking a break from work on a beautiful Sunday. I was able to get in an hour run and some weights... but have I mentioned I don't have my bike yet? I know! I know! I gotta get in the shop to pay off the last couple of bucks on layaway, get it set up and start riding! You don't have to tell me I'm an idiot... I know! (Tasha, this is not where you take the opportunity to remind me, either...)

Swimming is going well and I'm improving my technique. I can thank the triborgs for that. Just have to put in the distance.

We'll see. This first race and preparation for it is going to be down to the wire. Oh, yeah, gotta get a wetsuit yet too. CRAP!