Wednesday, February 21, 2007

This is what gets the ink, people

The Lake View Polar Bear Club has been ALL over the news, and why? Well, apparently they attempted to do their annual swim, but the ice was too thick to break through, in spite of using a pickax, and so instead they lounged about on the ice in their various swim attire. Oh, like WE couldn’t do that as well. Amateurs. I have to admit I like what they’ve named their event: the “Celebration of Shrinkage.” Talk about making up excuses: “Oh, honey, it’s not me, it’s this 20 below temperature and the fact that I’m out here in a skimpy Speedo.” Riiiiiiiiight. Who hasn’t heard that old chestnut before?

As an aside, the Club was apparently doing this as a fundraiser for a woman with acute leukemia, which often requires a bone marrow transplant. So if you folks aren’t on the bone marrow donor list, why the hell not? If you’re ever a match, you’ll then get to brag about saving someone’s life, and WITHOUT that whole “jumping in front of a speeding train” or “running into burning building” part. For me, of course, it’s all about being a hero;
that’s how my Princessy self rolls. Donor info

As for you, Kevin, I would like to note that some of the rest of us also have excellent, photographic memories, and have a clear vision of what YOU were up to on Friday night, Mr. …….umm….Mr……….well, I’ll get back to you on that. Right now I need to go work on my Hangover Transference Modulator.
And I’ll note that hangovers are God’s way of telling you that you’re an idiot. So perhaps some of us need less reminding??

I think I just insulted myself.