Friday, February 2, 2007

Workout Recap for the Week

I know you've all been hitting refresh incessantly, hoping to be amazed by my report on my workouts the past few days, but I'm sorry to tell you that, your hopes have been dashed. I've worked out some this week, I'll try to fit something in over the weekend, that's my report. I know you're crushed, Tasha, but life goes on. Next week's goal, get back into the pool. I've swam twice since IMoo last year, the first time was the hour postal swim with the Blue Dolphins in December. In that swim, I capped my warmup at 150 yds, b/c I was already getting tired. 7 minutes into the swim, it was obvious to everyone watching that I was tired. Needless to say, I felt shelled after the hour. My body told me I was shelled by allowing my immune system to take the next 24 hours off and let me get sick. Joyous times. The other swim was in Colorado, at 9,500 feet of elevation, let's just say people wouldn't have mistaken me for Michael Phelps that day. The funny thing is, I can't recall another day when anyone has ever mistaken me for Michael Phelps, or anyone who's athletic, I wonder why that is...