Thursday, January 25, 2007

but.......

…..that doesn’t mean I’m going to take the bait and wear lingerie (!) under my wetsuit. Sweetie, that is SO not practical. My nice stuff will get ruined, and the cheap stuff (shudder), well, it probably doesn’t look that great under the best of circumstances, i.e. after lots of booze, fuzzy lighting, blindfolds, etc., so I can’t quite imagine the look during a race. Given how frightening this might be, indeed, people might wind up staring at my feet. My stockingless feet, no less.

And for all you skeptics and naysayers out there, I would like to note that YES I am training! For a change! It’s a little alarming that my friends keep asking me “so what’s your plan for this? And that Ironman thing, are you training for that? That’s a long race, you need to be working out you know.” Oh ye of little faith. I have no doubt whatsoever that my plan, The Thighmaster Route to Kona, will pull me through just fine.

Speaking of training, our friend Robyn has put together a half-marathon race, The Frozen Bogey, to be run this weekend along the lakefront. Sunday, to be exact. When it’s going to hit 1 below. Did I mention the race is along the lake, with its legendary winds? So my question is, who’s bringing the bus tokens?