Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Morning Workouts - Day 1

I got home last night around 8:00, feeling lazy and not wanting to ride or run, so I came up with an ingenious idea, do some strength training, go to bed at a decent time, and get up early to ride on the trainer. The strength training part was no problem, the going to bed at a decent time, wasn't as easy. I aimed for 10:00, which I know is impossible, but I made it to bed around 10:30ish. So, I kind of gain consciousness and think, I've been sleeping forever, I must have overslept, lift my head, and nope, it's 4:58, 17 minutes to sleep. Alarm goes off, clumsily reach for phone, hit snooze, fall back asleep. Repeat process several times. Finally look at time, crap, it's 5:44, I don't want to get up. Run through options, can I even fit in a workout, how long will it take me to get up and hop on bike, should I just get up and go to work early and leave early (like that would happen). Finally drag my lazy self out of bed, get ready, put on my heart rate strap (btw-the straps are meant to be washed periodically, like probably every month, mine's never been washed since last purchasing last summer - it smells like it), now I'm looking for my watch, where the hell is it. Can't find it anywhere, it's underneath my computer bag. The display is all messed up, the bag must have been pushing some of the buttons. Finally realize that maybe I should press all four at once, it works, it comes back to life. The date says 1/29, the time is 9:50 pm, apparently it must have frozen up sometime last night, probably around 9:50 pm. Finally, I hop on the trainer, ride for 30 minutes. Once I got about 5 minutes into it, it wasn't so bad, I was semi-awake and once I got done, I felt better. Maybe I'll decide to punish myself the same way tomorrow morning.