Tuesday, January 23, 2007

swim checklist

so, that article was supposed to reassure me that if a shark happens to chomp on my head and then on my side, if i remember to poke the shark in the eye, i will be ok?! so, now the things running through my head are going to be a mixture of the following:
  1. you can do this, focus on the task at hand and swimming and you will forget about everything else
  2. remember to poke sharks in the eyes
  3. hakuna mattata
  4. remember to poke sharks in the eyes
  5. watch out for crazy sea lions that like to bite swimmers legs
  6. remember to poke sharks in the eyes
  7. watch out for sharks that chomp on people's heads
  8. remember to poke sharks in the eyes
  9. curse Chuck continously for convincing me to do this
  10. remember to poke sharks in the eyes

the above will be like a broken record running through my head during the swim. when i get to the shore i will either be the happiest person because i have completed this and hopefully gotten over some of my fear or i will be a raving lunatic! ha-ha! if you see me muttering to myself while on the ferry, you will know that it will be a combination of the above checklist for my swim that i am merely going over in my head!

i'm off to flip through the yellowpages and find a good shrink!